- Thu, Mar 25ZoomTune Into the our inaugural Black Men In Medicine Post Panel, come rejoice with the fourth year medical students, as they share their landing spots for residency. In addition, rising medical students can catch gems to help you for your interview process. Submit your questions on the RSVP form!
Our mission is to demonstrate the excellence put forth by black male physicians and rising students in the medical field, as a means to increase the recruitment of black males in medicine. We also aim to provide a secure platform for minority males to openly discuss the difficult topics we face as minorities in medicine.
The Forum: Let's Start The Conversation
We're always browsing the web to discuss the latest news and controversial issues and how they affect our community. Here you’ll find stimulating discussions and a safe place for questions and commentary as means to connect the black men in the medical community across the country.
The Black Men In Medicine forum was created to provide a secure space where forum participants can easily share tips and knowledge about the field. Check out the latest posts to see what's hot on the wards or sign in today and start a discussion yourself.
Born Into It | Quinn Capers IV | TEDxOhioStateUniversity
Dr. Ashby speaks on the dire impact of COVID
Shortage Of Black Male Doctors Having A Public Health Impact | NBC Nightly News
How to Pay Back Your Student Loans
This university offers a cure for lack of diversity in medicine
Military vs Civilian Doctor | Who gets PAID the most?
Black Men In Medicine Newsletter
Authored by Evans Osuji (left) and Kenneth Clark (right)
Pre-Medical Student Workshops
Affiliated premedical students will get one on one help with mock college and medical school interviews, in addition to application and personal statement coaching
Premedical students have a chance to earn a scholarship to help with the medical school application process, click below to find out more information.
Support The BMIM Initiative
1. Through power in numbers BMIM has aspirations to fund a scholarship for a young black male minority interested in pursuing medicine. The funds for this scholarship would go toward tools to help him apply to medical school: MCAT registration, MCAT prep course and resources, application fees and travel expenses for up to three medical schools, as a means to increase recruitment in the field of medicine.
2. Connect mentors and mentees through in person and virtual mentorship at all levels of the medical path
3. Facilitate empowering discussions amongst physicians and students at every level along the medical journey
4. Highlight the excellent work of the black males in this community, we are more than just athletes